Friday, November 1, 2013

Fall Decor & Christmas Music

It’s November 1st! Hello Christmas music!

One of my must have Christmas albums this year is Kelly Clarkson’s Wrapped In Red. I can’t wait to pick it up. One of the songs, Underneath the Tree, is so stinkin’ adorable and catchy! You should check it out to get yourself in the holiday mood.

I’m sentimental so holidays are very important to me. There’s nothing better than hanging out with my family. When I’m unable to, it really does kick me in the gut. I mentally and emotionally have to prepare for the lack of family connection. Hopefully, I’ll have the time this year!

If you haven’t already decorated your house for fall or Thanksgiving, the time is NOW! My fall décor was up in September. I’m not sure what to call my style for fall but most of my pieces are my faves! I purchased a lot of my decorations in Tulsa where I lived for six years. There was this fabulous old fashioned country craft fair, The Brush Creek Bazaar, that was held on a piece of property with an old grey barn. Vendors were inside and outside the barn; there were pumpkins and mums everywhere. It was the perfect place to stroll, buy fall décor, and eat kettle corn and peanut brittle.

This year I decided to paint an old windowpane for Thanksgiving to get my DIY juices flowing and my sister made me an awesome autumn banner. More on these DIY projects in my next post.

Here are some of my decorations purchased at the bazaar or elsewhere.

I love these wooden blocks! I have a Christmas set too. I got them a the Brush Creek Bazaare.

Also purchased at the Brush Creek Bazaare. These pumpkins are painted on a screen but you can't tell from this photo. It inspired me to paint an old window which I'll tell you about in my next blog.

I love this turkey's legs made of twine. A foot has fallen off but I'm not getting rid of him. I've got the foot somewhere but it keeps falling off.

This is Tom the Turkey. He greets visitors and is one of the oldest pieces I have. He was purchased at a craft fair in Central Florida 10+ years ago.

Ah! My stained glass turkey! I love him! Can you guess where I got him? Cracker Barrel. No joke! My mom and one of my sisters has stained glass pumpkins that came from there too.

Whatever your style, be sure to take time and enjoy decorating for Thanksgiving. I'd love to hear all about your fall decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment